From living and working throughout Lapland, our skiLapland specialists have first-hand experience of just how welcoming and family friendly Lapland is, and our exclusive ski schools are just the start of our dedication to your perfect family holiday. The region is a haven for family holidays; whether you’re after a luxury Father Christmas experience for you and your loved ones, want to enjoy an action packed activity holiday, or are looking for the perfect destination for family skiing, Lapland is a fantastic choice for you and your family.
- Exclusive ski-schools
- Hand-picked family-friendly accommodation
- Ski resorts suitable for all abilities
- Huge choice of activities and family adventures
Our exclusive ski schools
Our exclusive ski schools are a huge part of what makes skiLapland stand above the rest. Carefully crafted and refined by the skiLapland specialists, funSki has now been helping children find a passion for skiing through small, fun and sociable skiing groups for over ten years. As we continue to expand our services to you we are proud to introduce vipSki Coaching, providing excellent tuition for adults with the convenience of always running alongside funSki lessons.
Our unique ski schools:
- Varied activities tailored to the group's needs
- Small, ability based groups
- Passionate, English speaking instructors
- Exclusive to skiLapland's clients
- 5 – 15 year old beginners to experts
- 3 hours, Monday – Friday (3 or 5 days available)
- Maximum group size of 7 children
- Ability and age based groups
- Guaranteed to run alongside vipSki
- £279 per person for 5 x 3 hours
- 3 - 4 years old beginners
- 3 hours, Monday – Friday
- A combination of 90 minutes on the snow and 90 minutes indoors
- Guaranteed to run alongside funSki and vipSki
- Maximum group size of 4 children
- 16 years and over, beginners to experts
- 2 hours 30 minutes, Monday – Friday (3 or 5 days available)
- Maximum group size of 7
- Ability based groups
- Starts 15 minutes after funSki and finishes 15 minutes before
- £279 per person for 5 x 2.5hours
This service is only available to skiLapland customers who pre-book in the UK prior to travel.
Your family holiday
Arguably one of the most important aspects of your skiLapland family holiday, our hand-picked accommodation has been selected to make your life as easy as possible. From ski-in ski-out locations to exclusive activities on your doorstep, whatever you are dreaming of and whatever type of family you are we have great options for you.
Skiing in Lapland is for the whole family and all our ski resorts have fantastic beginners areas with easy access, wide open slopes and careful monitoring for safe skiing all around. Once your little ones have outgrown the beginner’s area they will find plenty of more advanced runs and snow parks to keep them busy.
Lapland is the epitome of winter activity holidays for families. From husky sledding to hunting the Northern Lights and ice fishing to felt making; with so much on offer it could be hard to fit it all in, but your skiLapland specialists will help tailor your holiday of a lifetime.
Here are some great, family friendly accommodation suggestions:
- For the family of experienced skiing enthusiasts, looking for the perfect balance of close to the resort centre but not in it, we recommend the Levi Chalet Apartments for ski-in/ski-out luxury right on the slopes of Lapland’s most renowned ski area.
- For the skiing family looking for the ultimate in convenience, we recommend the Levi Ski Apartments with the slopes, ski rental and ski school meeting points just a snowballs throw away.
- For the family in search of a ski-in/out hotel with great facilities including a swimming pool, we suggest the Saaga Hotel in Yllas.
- For larger families and groups in search of authentic adventure, we suggest the Ruka Log Cabins, for charming, high standard traditional cabins perfectly located for trying something new this winter.
- For the family that just doesn’t stop we recommend the Ruka Village Apartments for an action packed week of activities and skiing.
- For families and groups in search of an authentic Lapland experience, we suggest the Saariselka Log Cabins in the cultural heart of Lapland.
Contact us today for more recommendations and further information